Thursday, March 19, 2015

Sweetmomma, and Sweetdaddy...

We want to thank Phil, and Anita Phillips for allowing Walter, and I to share their precious testimony of how God truly shows His love in mysterious ways.
My Pastor, Danny Pankey knew about my mother’s love for Redbirds so he got me a copy of your book, Miracles in Red that you autographed, shortly after mother died but, I suppose emotionally I was not prepared to read it until this week. It was truly a blessing to me and stirred so many wonderful memories.
My mother passed away last Valentine’s Day and had found comfort in Redbirds because my father who passed away in 1994 loved them. She had several Redbirds that played in her crape myrtle trees in her backyard every morning and always said that was the Lord letting daddy visit her. They had been married for 52 years when he passed and had spent every minute since their retirement in 1984 together. They were the perfect picture of a stable, God fearing, southern family, who knew how show God’s love to each other as well as family and friends. My Mother and Father were affectionately known as “Sweetmomma and Sweetdaddy” by all the grandkids which by default became their names to everyone in the family as well as the church family. I now have a male and female Redbird that visit me 4 or 5 mornings a week in my backyard and I’ll bet you know what their names are. Needless to say, your book really struck a cord with me. Thank you so much, Pastor Danny for the copy, and for your kindness and your faithfulness. Sincerely, Phil Phillips


Matthew 10:29
Behold not one sparrow falls to the ground without your Heavenly Father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Bit...

 Walter, and I are very careful to give God all the glory for our book, Miracles in Red, because if not for Him we wouldn't have any ...